One dairy cow is an incredible
support system for a family in need!
One dairy cow is an incredible support system for a family in need!
Cows help children succeed in school!
Malnutrition is one of the leading causes of sickness for children in poverty, causing them to miss countless days of school each year. But the children at Star School in Rwanda no longer have to worry about lacking the nutrients they need since they received the gift of cows.
Now, the children are healthier and able to focus better in their classes, leading to higher grades and a chance at a brighter future. Plus, they are learning a valuable, lifelong skill by helping care for the livestock.
- A single cow can produce 128 cups of milk a day — that’s 5,000 gallons in its lifetime!
- Milk contains essential vitamins and minerals that help children fight malnutrition.
- Extra milk sold at market can provide hundreds of dollars each year.
- A cow’s manure can be used as fertilizer to grow healthy crops.
- Cows can be bred to provide financial stability for years to come.
For $1,000, you can give a cow to help children in need: