Approximately 70 percent of Guatemalans living in rural areas are entrenched in poverty. Today, 80 percent of children living in these regions are malnourished due largely to the lack of clean water.
We are looking to build a medical and missions team of:
• medical doctors
• physicians assistants
• World Help donors & advocates
• others with a heart to serve
Watch the video below to see what it is like to go with us on a medical trip to Guatemala
On this trip, you will work alongside our national partners:
• Caring for malnourished children at the Baby Rescue center
• Visiting remote Guatemalan communities and performing medical clinics for the villagers there
• Working at St. Luke’s Hospital and Kelly’s House at Hope of Life
• Interacting with orphans at the Hope of Life children’s home in Zacapa
• Experiencing the vibrant Guatemalan culture and its rich history
Saturday, August 4
The team will fly into Guatemala City from their individual departure cities and drive to Hope of Life, arriving that evening.
Sunday, August 5
The team will attend a local church service that morning. After lunch, they will receive a full tour of the Hope of Life campus and all the ministries there.
Monday, August 6 – Thursday, August 9
During these days the team will be participating in medical clinics in various villages surrounding Hope of Life. They will also experience a feeding center and aid distribution.
Friday, August 10
After an early breakfast, the team will drive several hours to the beautiful historic city of Antigua. They will spend the rest of the day and night there, having the chance to tour the beautiful city center and shop at the local market for souvenirs.
Saturday, August 11
The team will take a shuttle to the Guatemala City airport that morning to fly home.
$1,250/person plus airfare*
*World Help handles all ticket purchases for each trip. We work closely with each participant and our travel agent to find the best options possible, and will ensure everyone is arriving and departing when needed. Cost will vary according to departure city. Cost of ticket not included in above trip cost.
$100/person deposit due upon registration
$900/person due by April 5, 2018
Balance ($250 + ticket cost) due by July 5, 2018
Lodging at Hope of Life + one night in Antigua (shared rooms)
All meals in-country (excluding airport food)
All airport and ground transportation
Insurance through Faith Ventures (see policy details here)
Roundtrip ticket to and from Guatemala City
Passport + Visa fees, if applicable
All items of a personal nature
– Submit a payment of $100 (pay online below or call 434-525-4657)
– Complete our Trip Information Form (online form)
All payments made to World Help are tax-deductible and non-refundable.
To donate funds for medical supplies for this trip, click here.
The Zika virus is still present in Guatemala so we advise all trip participants to take extra precautions against mosquito bites. Read more about the virus here.
Use the Give Now button to make payments towards your Nov 2018 Jordan trip balance. Full cost details and payment deadlines below.
Questions? Contact the Travel Team at email@example.com or by calling 800-541-6691.
$2,070/person plus airfare
$500/person deposit due upon registration
$1,500/person due by September 21, 2018
Balance due by October 23, 2018
• Single room at hotel in Amman
• All meals in-country (excluding airport food)
• All airport and ground transportation
• All planned activities, including sightseeing excursions
• Visa fees
• Insurance through Faith Ventures (see policy details here)
• International ticket from the U.S. to Amman, Jordan ($900-$1,500)
• Passport fees, if applicable — passport should be valid for at least 6 months after trip dates
• Routine and recommended immunizations
• All items of a personal nature
REGISTRATION: Our trips fill up quickly, so it is important to register as soon as you know you want to go. Once we have received your registration along with a non-refundable deposit of $, we will confirm your place on the trip.